Many people now use disinfectant to disinfect the home environment, which is considered to ensure the cleanliness of the indoor environment and prevent the spread of diseases. However, the use of disinfectant also has certain methods and precautions. Too much use of disinfectant will affect the health of the family and reduce immunity. Let’s take a look at how to use the disinfectant and what to pay attention to.
How to use household disinfectant:
- Under normal circumstances, the family only needs to be clean and not need to be disinfected; it is necessary to disinfect when there are patients in the family, especially those with infectious diseases, or after visiting outsiders.
2, for the average family, when choosing a disinfection method should try to use physical disinfection methods, such as cooking, exposure. Disinfection of tableware should be preferred to boil disinfection, or disinfection cabinet. Clothing and bedding are mainly used in the sun. Indoor air disinfection mainly uses regular window ventilation. When washing your hands, use normal soap and running water if you are not in contact with the patient.
- Disinfect the surface of objects that are frequently in contact, such as door handles, stair railings, floor mats, faucets, etc., and do not spray disinfectant on a large area.
- For face wash basins and toilets, only need to spray the appropriate amount on the surface. After disinfection, rinse with plenty of tap water, otherwise it will corrode the pipe network; floor drains and sewers, do not use disinfectant disinfection, because the floor drain or sewer disinfection usually does not start. To the purpose of disinfection and disease prevention, it will also corrode the pipe network and bring about troubles.
- 5, do not miss the disinfection of key items, such as dish cloth, due to frequent use, often in a humid state, and more contact with meals and other organic matter, is very conducive to the breeding of bacteria, it should be often exposed, boiled and disinfected.
6, the pet’s nest should be disinfected frequently.
Principles for the use of household disinfectants:
- Reasonable concentration: Chemical disinfectants only have a certain concentration to have a disinfecting effect. Too low a concentration can not eliminate pathogenic microorganisms. Too high a concentration may cause obvious damage to the disinfected object and may cause harm to human health. The disinfectant concentration is not as high as possible.
2, strict time specified: disinfectant only has a certain time to have disinfection effect, some disinfectants have a quick sterilization effect, and some are slower. Different disinfectants and different disinfection objects may require different action times. To ensure that the disinfection is effective, the disinfectant must be allowed to interact with the disinfectant for a certain period of time.
3, to ensure the safety of use: Most chemical disinfectants on the market currently have certain harm to the human body and articles, and need to pay attention to safety when using. Avoid direct contact with the disinfectant. In case of accidental splashing into the eyes, rinse immediately with water. For safety reasons, gloves should be worn when preparing disinfectants to prevent children from being present.
4, reduce the influencing factors: the disinfection effect is related to the nature of the object of disinfection, and items containing organic matter may affect the disinfection effect. Before disinfection, the disinfectant should be cleaned as much as possible. It is best to clean and disinfect the tableware and furniture. Since the moisture on the disinfected item may reduce the concentration of the disinfectant, the disinfected object should be relatively dry when disinfected.
5, chemical disinfectant is now available: most chemical disinfectants are unstable, especially after dilution with water, it is easier to decompose, must be used now, can not be reused; repeated use will cause disinfectant contamination, disinfection effect is reduced.
- Scientific implementation of disinfection: Different disinfectants have different effects on killing pathogenic microorganisms, and different microorganisms have different resistance to disinfectants. Generally, household disinfectants only have a killing effect on some common microorganisms, and may not have any disinfecting effect on some microorganisms with strong resistance. Therefore, if there is an infected patient in the family, disinfection measures should be taken according to the doctor’s advice and the requirements of the local disease prevention and control department.
Precautions for the use of household disinfectant:
- If there are infants, pregnant women, elderly people and other immunocompromised persons in the family, or patients, use disinfectant with caution. If there is no infectious disease patient, it is best not to disinfect with disinfectant.
- Avoid using bottles and beverage bottles to contain disinfectants to avoid misuse. Put the bottle of disinfectant, do not use a bottle to replace it, so as to avoid poisoning by adults or children. If you use other bottles, be sure to indicate the word “disinfectant”. Disinfectants stored in the home should be placed out of reach of children or locked.
- Correctly select and use the chemical disinfectant according to the instructions. Read the product description carefully before use, and strictly follow the concentration, usage and disinfection time of the disinfectant.
4, there must be some protection during the application process (gloves, glasses, etc.) Do not touch the raw liquid directly with your hands. Anything that has been soaked with a disinfectant must be cleaned and the residue removed.
5, air disinfection is generally used to open the window ventilation, if there are special requirements, must use disinfectant spray or direct ultraviolet radiation, must be carried out in the state of no one to reduce the damage to the human body.
- When using chemical disinfectant spray disinfection, in order to ensure the disinfection effect, the doors and windows should be closed during disinfection. After the disinfection is completed, the doors and windows should be opened for ventilation, and the family will enter after the smell is exhausted.
- When disinfecting, if the skin or other parts of the body are allergic to disinfectant and allergic symptoms occur, the disinfectant should be discontinued and anti-allergic drugs should be used as appropriate under the guidance of a physician.
The above is the introduction of the use of disinfectant and precautions. I hope that through the introduction of this article, everyone has a certain understanding of the use of disinfectant and some unnecessary safety knowledge, safe and reasonable disinfection can bring health to the family.